Questions about AU/X

Donn Fishbein donn at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Sat Aug 6 14:25:57 AEST 1988

I am looking seriously at the AU/X upgrade for my Mac II and would
appreciate some information from current users:

1) Does anyone know what Apple's policy on upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1
   is or will be?  Or would it be wiser to wait for 1.1 to be released?
   (I can buy the upgrade from stock without waiting.)

2) What is contained within the 6000 page $600 manuals that is not on-line?
   Could an experienced UNIX person get by without them?

3) Are there any problems running Usenet under AU/X? What do you do about
   serial ports beyond 2?

4) Do any tape backup units other than Apple's work with AU/X?  Can you back
   up the AU/X partition under MacOS?

Many thanks..Please mail or post replies as you see fit.