UW server now runs on A/UX

Earle R. Horton earleh at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:41:52 AEST 1988

In article <15149 at apple.Apple.COM> dwb at Apple.COM (David W. Berry) writes:
>What follows is a shar file containing makefiles and a patch
>file for uw 4.2 that allow it to compile and execute under
>A/UX

So far, the only problem I have been able to find is that you might
want to have uwterm execute "remsh" rather than "rsh" under A/UX, as
"rsh" appears to be some sort of restricted shell for second-class
users, and not too useful for remote logins via uwterm.  I have
installed and run uw for a while on an A/UX machine, and it seems to
work fine, including uwterm with the following change:

Earle

: This is a shar archive.  Extract with sh, not csh.
echo x - uwterm.diff
sed -e 's/^X//' > uwterm.diff << '!Funky!Stuff!'
X*** uwterm.c.old	Thu Aug  4 02:24:44 1988
X--- uwterm.c	Thu Aug  4 02:24:57 1988
X***************
X*** 203,209 ****
X--- 203,213 ----
X  	 * Invoke a remote "uwterm" via "rsh".
X  	 */
X  	i = 0;
X+ #ifdef AUX
X+ 	av[i++] = "remsh";
X+ #else
X  	av[i++] = "rsh";
X+ #endif
X  	av[i++] = host;
X  	if (login != NULL) {
!Funky!Stuff!
exit
Mr. Spock!  This disk is damaged!  Do you want to initialize it?

Earle R. Horton.  H.B. 8000, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755