Bug in console emulator

Fred Fish fnf at fishpond.UUCP
Tue Aug 23 13:42:50 AEST 1988

In article <15956 at apple.Apple.COM> dwb at apple.com.UUCP (David W. Berry) writes:
+In article <121 at fishpond.UUCP> fnf at fishpond.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:
++The following demonstrates what looks like a problem with the
++"A/UX Initial Console Emulator".  Can anyone suggest any workarounds?
+	Nope, I'd say it looks like a problem with your test
+program.  isatty and ttyname both work on a file descriptor
+and your passing it a FILE structure.  Try replacing stdin with
+fileno(stdin) and similar for stdout and stderr and you'll get
+what you expect.

Yes, I received mail from several people pointing out my boo-boo
(thanks everyone!).  Guess that will teach me to look in the manual
after I haven't used a function for a while.

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1346 West 10th Place, Tempe, AZ 85281,  USA
# noao!nud!fishpond!fnf                   (602) 921-1113