8/16 MacWeek editorial

Hal Birkeland hkbirke at mit-amt
Fri Aug 26 08:34:43 AEST 1988

In article <15821 at apple.Apple.COM>, alan at Apple.COM (Alan Mimms) writes:
> People should also note that the X11R3 monochrome server for A/UX will be
> available in SOURCE FORM on the next X release tape from MIT (due next
> month, I believe).  This is an example of Apple's commitment to X --
> one of the engineers spent a week at MIT integrating their X port with
> the new code to make sure it would be available to everyone.
>
> Alan Mimms

there is a PD server in the current X11V2 release on expo.lcs.mit.edu
and I would assume on the other X11 distribution machines.  As far as
quality of this server, I can't tell you because our MacIIs don't have enough
RAM yet to run AUX.

-- hal
Now if only R3 will exist, since someone optimized the "mi" code for it.