a/ux look-alikes etc

John Kullmann jk at Apple.COM
Wed Aug 31 05:10:37 AEST 1988

In some previous postings  hulsebos at philmds.UUCP (Rob Hulsebos)
makes some incorrect and misleading statements that I would like to clear up.

>Don't blame Apple. Blame their supplier.

>I do not run A/UX but a look-alike (not a clone) system, made by
>the same company that made the A/UX system for Apple.

THAT company did not make A/UX for Apple. We conceived of, designed, and
implemented A/UX.  We have no "supplier" for A/UX. We own it, build it,
maintain it, and enhance it. THAT company does not have, sell or intend to
sell, nor is it licensed to sell a "look-alike" of A/UX.
No one else has A/UX for the Mac (or for any other platform).

Please refrain from posting statements that sound like facts unless you
know that they are.