Will there be a release 3 AUX

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Tue Aug 2 03:21:56 AEST 1988

In article <17331 at gatech.edu> ken at gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
>Are there plans to produce an AUX like SunOS 4 (no flames), meaning
>a System V/BSD merge?

Umm - well, we are never going to produce an "A/UX like SunOs 4". We
couldn't stand the loss of functionality! nasty :-) ... but we are a
SVR2 with excellent BSD functionality. Something that OS4 is still not
near. The politically correct question is when will SunOS 4 be as nice
as the "merge" as A/UX 1.0???