Will there be a release 3 AUX

Michael Siemon mls at mhuxu.UUCP
Wed Aug 3 00:10:29 AEST 1988

In article <15011 at apple.Apple.COM>, phil at Apple.COM (Phil Ronzone) writes:

> Umm - well, we are never going to produce an "A/UX like SunOs 4". We
> couldn't stand the loss of functionality! nasty :-) ... but we are a
> SVR2 with excellent BSD functionality. Something that OS4 is still not
> near. The politically correct question is when will SunOS 4 be as nice
> as the "merge" as A/UX 1.0???

This response is not constructive.  What needs to be known, quite aside
from issues of how much like/unlike SunOS A/UX will be, is whether, for
example, streams and other V.3 features will be supported, and whether
Apple intends to track (in some way, I'm not prejudging the way) the ongoing
efforts to reconverge the various flavors of unices.  "Politically correct
questions" be damned.
--
Michael L. Siemon
contracted to AT&T Bell Laboratories