A/UX questions abound...

David R Falkenburg falken at caen.engin.umich.edu
Thu Dec 15 19:10:00 AEST 1988

In article <1767300002 at aquifer>, wnk at aquifer.aquifer.las.uiuc.edu writes:
> (3)	A friend told me that there had been a discussion about formatting
> 	a Rodime external drive to have both A/UX and MacOS partitions.
> 	If someone could please send me what was posted, it would be greatly
> 	appreciated.
>
> Please respond to wnk at aquifer.las.uiuc.edu
> 	or post it.  Thank you in advance.

It seems like lots of folks are still having problems w/ getting AU/X on Rodimes
Rodime has got a partial solution now..  By using their newest "Rodime Driver
Utility" you can create Inside Mac Volume V compatible partitions (i.e
compatible with AU/X too)  By creating an "A/UX" partition from their dialog
box, you can make any size partitions.  You STILL need to use DP because
of a bug which doesn't correctly set the logical length of the partition
to a legal value, but no DD-ing is required.

-dave falkenburg

--
Dave Falkenburg @ University of Michigan Computer Aided Engineering Network
ARPA: falken at caen.engin.umich.edu    UUCP: umix!caen.engin.umich.edu!falken