CDC Wren IV's on A/UX

Ephraim Vishniac ephraim at think.COM
Fri Nov 4 00:15:17 AEST 1988

In article <180 at umigw.MIAMI.EDU> angel at umigw (angel li) writes:
>I have a CDC Wren IV drive which I have initialized with SF&I.  It is bootable
>and I have been using it as a system disk.  I would now like to use it as
>an A/UX system disk but I don't know how to get A/UX loaded on it.  Has
>anyone done this?  Will I have to get a commercial device driver for this?

Unfortunately, SF&I doesn't support the partitioning scheme used with
A/UX.  (It didn't exist yet when the program was written.)  From
reading comp.unix.aux, though, I have the impression that Apple's
generic A/UX driver should fill the bill.

Ephraim Vishniac					  ephraim at think.com
Thinking Machines Corporation / 245 First Street / Cambridge, MA 02142-1214

     On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
     into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?"