Using a Wren with A/UX

Gabe M Wiener gmw1 at CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Apr 18 15:33:54 AEST 1989

Hello people.  I'm looking for a 300Mb Wren drive to use for both MacOS and
A/UX.  I've seen them advertised in various incarnations for about $1900.
However, none of the firms advertising them includes partitioning software
that can split it for both A/UX and MacOS.

Now I've been told that it's cake to modify the names of the supported drives
for HD SC Setup with a sector editor and get it to support a drive.  But I'm
still a little dubious to spend $1800 on a drive without knowing that it's
definitely partitionable.

I could buy a MiniScribe with a 30 day money-back return, but I'd much rather
buy a Wren...I've heard they're better drives.  Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/ "It doesn't matter how sincere it
				      \**/   is, nor how heart-felt the spirit.
INTERNET: gmw1 at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/    Sentiment will not endear it.
BITNET:   gmw1 at cunixc                  /\    What's important is the price."
COMPUSERVE: 72355,1226                /**\   		- Tom Lehrer
WUI: 650-117-9118                    /****\                  on gift giving