Using tcsh under A/UX (1.1)

Edan Kabatchnik enk at corona
Wed Aug 16 05:11:44 AEST 1989

Net,

     I recently sucked over the sources for tcsh to my A/UX (1.1) system.  I
read the Makefile that came with it, and uncommented the section which said
"For Apple Unix uncomment this section" and proceeded to compile.  Over the
course of the compilation process, I ran into 4 errors, which seemed to be a
problem with the way the flags I uncommented in the Makefile interacted with
the source code compiler directives.  I managed to get it to compile, but it
does not like the * wildcard.

     Has anyone gotten tcsh up and running on their A/UX system?  Has anyone
encountered the difficulty I have encountered?  It is possible that my sources
were not exactly correct.  Is tcsh availbale for anonymous FTP anywhere?

		- Edan

|There is a club if you would like to go.            |     Edan Kabatchnik     |
|You could meet somebody who really loves you.       +-------------------------+
|So you go, and you stand on your own.               |           MIT           |
|And you leave on your own.                          | enk at wheaties.ai.mit.edu |
|And you go home, and you cry, and you want to die.  |Schlumberger Technologies|
|                                   - The Smiths     |    enk at slcs.slb.com     |