Fun with Dick and Jane

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Wed Aug 2 11:41:34 AEST 1989

In article <1320 at motmpl.UUCP> ron at motmpl.UUCP (Ron Widell) writes:
>A word of caution here- A/UX is SysV derived and thus has the ulimit
>parameter. I don't remember what it is by default (and my docs. are not at
>home) on A/UX, but on most SysV machines it's 2048 blocks = 1 Mbyte. It's
  Hmm, hadn't thought of that.  Fortunately the default ulimit is 16 Meg
on A/UX, not 1 Meg.  And if that's not big enough for you, just change
the kernel param. CDLIMIT with kconfig and up it to anything you want, up
to 0x7fffffff.  You don't have to bother with all the nasty kludges used on
other SysV systems to get around the stock stupid 1M limit.  So you can now
go home and do your 15Meg downloads in comfort.
Richard Todd	rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us
	rmtodd at servalan.uucp
MMDF is a four letter word.