A warning about leasing equipment - don't trust the salespeople!

John R. Galloway jrg at Apple.COM
Tue Jun 20 07:36:16 AEST 1989

In article <1395 at trotter.usma.edu> aj1826 at trotter.usma.edu (DiGangi Joe CPT) writes:
>In article <32447 at apple.Apple.COM>, jrg at Apple.COM (John R. Galloway) writes:
>> At least if you are a developer (partner), you can lease Apple equipment at
>> very nice terms from Apple Commercial Credit.  Not only that but you can
>> include 3rd part Apple compatable products on the lease as well.  This is great
>> apple!jrg	John R. Galloway, Jr.       contract programmer, San Jose, Ca
>>

>I am a developer, and I called Apple Commercial Credit almost immediately
>after receiving this information (about the leasing program).  They gave me
>changed?  I had thought the program would have been good, but I would have
>ended up paying more per month for the leasing program than if I took out
>a loan and _bought_ a computer (which I did, by the way).

I did not mean to imply that Apple certified developers would get a better
deal on a lease than from a standard leasing company, just that they offered
generally good (by leasing standards) terms and were very nice/helpfull to
deal with.  I am leasing 13K work of stuff for 2 years, 24*monthly payment is
1.17 * the total price, or 8.5% per year.  When its over I can either trade
it in (actually i can trade up at any time), or give it up, or buy it for at
MOST 10% of the purchase price which at MOST would put the rate at 13.4% per
year.  given the flexibility (I almsot certainly will want to trade up to a
faster machine within two years) seems pretty good to me.

apple!jrg	John R. Galloway, Jr.       contract programmer, San Jose, Ca

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!