Need uucp help

John Gardner johng at iscuva.ISCS.COM
Mon Jun 19 07:10:27 AEST 1989

Hi, I'm trying to set up a uucp link between my A/UX machine
at home and an Ultrix machine at work. I've got uucp working
to the point where I can transfer files and mail/postnews works
from my A/UX machine to work, but I'm having trouble with mail to
my machine. The mail message comes in but gets sent back to the
Ultrix machine with the error:

Mail failed (PATH=/bin:/usr/bin LOGNAME=uucp TZ='/bin/cat rmail johng).
Letter returned to sender.

I believe I have L.sys and L.cmds set up right, meaning I have the Ultrix
machine listed in L.sys and L.cmds has rmail added to it.

A couple other questions related to the modem, is there a way to dial in
and dial out the same port without horsing around with inittab and turning
getty on and off manually? Does the A/UX communications manual help with
these questions and does it come with the 400 dollar (dev prices) set of
manuals.

Well, that's all for now, thanks in advance, JAG

johng at iscuva
uunet!iscuva!johng