Academic workstations

Tony Burzio burzio at mmlai.UUCP
Mon Jun 12 10:20:21 AEST 1989

In article <5386 at rpi.edu>, jtwarden at pawl.rpi.edu (Joseph T. Warden) writes:
> In article <2302 at internal.Apple.COM> pauls at apple.com (Paul Sweazey) writes:
> >In article <507 at lclark.UUCP> cullum at lclark.UUCP (Mike Cullum) writes:
> >> We are vacillating between Apple AUX, NeXt, and Suns.   What are
> >> people using?  (Etc.)
> >Everyone here says I should tell you to use Apple AU/X.  :-)
>
> Another opinion (my own) is to go with the Suns - you have access
> to a large volume of software (PD, etc), a large installed base

I personally like Hewlett Packard, the number one workstation vendor.  Other
people here like Suns and Apples (they make pretty pictures).  All three
fit in pretty well together.  The only vendor I would stay away from is that
other three letter initial vendor who sells (ugh) proprietary operating
systems... I think it is CED or EDC or something... :-)