A/UX on SE/30

HAYS BOYD haysb at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 6 02:18:30 AEST 1989

In article <1112 at stech.UUCP> jlh at stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
>Question: I know A/UX runs on the SE/30, but there seems to be seem problem
>with the screen. What are people using as TERM when running on the SE/30?

I've been runing A/UX on an SE/30. I haven't constructed a usable terminfo
entry for the 9 inch screen but took a different approach.  After getting to
multi-user mode I run the supplied program "term".  term allows you to create
multiple windows and run programs inside those windows.  term emulates a vt100
and the windows it creates fit on the SE screen.  I find it a lot better than
running from the single window console. Apple provides the source for term as
an example of toolbox programming from A/UX so you can make it do what you
want if you don't like its default behavior.  Thanks Apple.

Boyd Hays