Setting serial ports to 19.2 KB

Donn S. Fishbein donn at radar.UUCP
Sat Jun 10 03:22:46 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how to set the serial ports to 19200 baud?
The man page for stty mentions 19200 as equal to "exta",
but neither "stty exta </dev/tty0"
		  nor "stty 19200 </dev/tty0"
seem to do anything. "stty -a </dev/tty0" reports that the
port is still set to the previous setting, and indeed it
is when tested.

I called the A/UX Hotline about this question (under A/UX 1.0),
but they could not answer the question. The problem seems to
have persisted in A/UX 1.1. It seems a shame to only utilize
half the potential bandwith of my Trailblazer +

Followup to previous question: no one has responded to my query
about a version of "dim" that works under 1.1. Anyone know the
answer?
--
Donn S. Fishbein        ..killer!radar!donn