Sharp JX-300 scanner problems

William Roberts; liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Fri Dec 21 06:55:48 AEST 1990

In <2174 at sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> anthony at cs.adelaide.edu.au (Anthony
Dunstan) writes:

>We are having problems with the Sharp JX-300 scanner under A/UX 2.0,
>the provided drivers work but don't do anything.

If that's your definition of "working" then I've a number of software packages
I could sell you... :-)

There is no SCSI Manager support in A/UX 2.0, so nothing that tries to drive
its own SCSI devices using a Mac driver is going to work at all: this gets rid
of all scanners, the SCSI-connected laserwriters, everything.

Check the "A/UX Toolbox: Macintosh ROM Interface" section of the printed
manual, particularly the subsection called "Inside A/UX Macintosh".

If anyone from Apple is listening: please can you put the summary part of the
above-named section as an *online* manual page?

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)