I can get news from around the world, but not to the next room

Tim Endres time at tbomb.ice.com
Sat Dec 1 10:05:31 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov30.023317.6385 at wiskit.pdx.com>, herbw at wiskit.pdx.com (Herb Weiner) writes:
> I'm now receiving netnews on my A/UX machine at home :-) :-) :-) :-)
>
> Problem: My wife wants to read news on her Mac (running the standard
> Mac OS) in another room.  The Macs are currently connected with AppleTalk
> (actually, PhoneNet).  Is there any reasonable way that my wife can login
> to A/UX without tearing up the walls to run additional cabling?

uAccess from ICE Engineering would readily access UUCP via the serial
port and provide you with UUCP mail and news. I have not attempted
to connect to the A/UX system via AppleTalk yet, but if a login prompt
can be obtained via something like AppleTalk ADSP, then you can run uAccess
over AppleTalk.

tim.

Disclaimer: I work for ICE Engineering.

Tim Endres                |  time at ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uunet!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288