emacs under A/UX (v2) (subprocess bug)

Paul Traina pst at ack.Stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 5 07:40:05 AEST 1990

A long time ago I fixed this bug, but I'm at a complete loss to remember
what it was or what needed hacking... someone?

Just recently I built emacs-18.55 from scratch using the patches found on
apple.com.  (built under A/UX v2)  I found the same bug that used to plague
emacs under earlier versions of A/UX (1.0/1.1) and that is that it seems
to have problems communicating with subprocesses.  I think it's probably
a broken understanding of the PTY driver, but has anyone already identified
and fixed this bug?

example of bug:

	M-x shell

does not work.  You never get a prompt, input never seems to make it to
the shell.  The shell process DOES start up, but it's controlling tty is
"?" rather than a pty.

Paul