Getting aux to use all of a quantum 105

Robert Prohaska rprohask at orion.oac.uci.edu
Tue Dec 25 17:50:22 AEST 1990

I just finished installing aux on a quantum 105 using the software
furnished by the disk vendor (SCSI Commander). The formatting was
to use the entire disk for aux with a 2 meg Mac partition for booting.  The
defaults provided by the formatting program  were used and aux was installed
under the "generic hard disk" entry provided by the aux installer.

The 2 meg part is clearly ok, but when I open an aux finder window I'm told
I have 44 megs in the disk (about right, I think) and less than 2 megs
available.

I recall an article  in this newsgroup about aux needing some
special coaxing to use extra space but I can't find it in the index
on aux.support.apple.com  Could somebody either repeat the advice
or let me  know where to find it?

Many thanks

bob prohaska

ps: cu seems to work ok in this (second) installation, ie, it takes
the lock off tty0 when it's done. Come to think of it, it no longer
announces that tty0 is locked in the first place!  What gives?