MicroNet and the Teac driver

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Wed Dec 12 21:47:41 AEST 1990

anderson at sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) writes:
>alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:
>   MicroNet is indeed the right company. Talk to Keith Hatounian, at
>   (714) 581-1540 x263.
>
>   If you don't have a MicroNet unit, though, I don't think they'll sell you
>   just the software.
>This is all a little bit remarkable. I signed on as one of Tony's
>"beta-testers", and while it took me a little while to get things up
>and running, I did send him a report on how things worked. Never heard
>a word in return, despite the promise that if he got a report on how the beta
>version of the TEAC driver worked I'ld get a full
>(un-time-limited) release of the final version. The idea that not only
>is this not true, but I have to buy a (new) physical drive from
>MicroNet in order to get a working driver is...well, disgusting.

Well, don't blame MicroNet. They didn't make any deals with you.

On the other hand, I'd say you've got a legitimate gripe with Tony. He's
got some excuse- he's halfway around the world right now, as far as I can
tell. Still, he's on the net occasionally. Maybe he's willing to send you
another one, if you ask.

Is your copy fully functional, across multiple tapes, with tar and cpio?
If not, what's broken and what definitely works?

BTW, for all that MicroNat owes you nothing, they are nice enough that they
might be willing to help you, or at least put you in touch with Tony.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis