remote access from MacOS to A/UX over Appletalk?

Ken Seefried iii ken at dali.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 7 07:22:23 AEST 1990

-----

Forgive me if this is trivial, but I know nothing about MacOS and only
a little about Appletalk.

The situation is this:  We have a Mac IIx, running A/UX 1.1 (soon to
be 2.0), that is connected to both our internal ethernet and a small
Appletalk network (secretaries and a few management types use MacOS).
The MacOS people would like to be able to read mail on the A/UX box
over Appletalk.

The question is, what are my options?  I assume that the simplest
thing would be to find some sort of terminal emulator that speaks
Appletalk and let them remote-login.  However, I'm interested in
looking at all solutions; for example, is there a nice front end like
`xmh' that used Mac look-n-feel?  Whats out there?

I'll summarize.  Thanks for the help...

--
	ken seefried iii	"A sneer, a snarl, a whip that
	ken at dali.gatech.edu	 stings...these are a few of