Sharp JX-300 scanner problems

Matthias Urlichs urlichs at smurf.sub.org
Wed Dec 19 11:15:20 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.aux, article <DEMARSEE.90Dec17161704 at thunderbolt.cns.syr.EDU>,
  demarsee at thunderbolt.cns.syr.EDU (Darryl E. Marsee) writes:
<
< On a related note, is there support within A/UX for the Apple Scanner?
< Or, if not, how does one go about getting the Apple Scanner to work with
< A/UX?
<
You'll need the MacOS SCSI Manager under A/UX.

I am in the process of implementing one; however, there's a problem with the
A/UX SCSI subsystem. If the nice guys at Apple Europe had not copied the
(double-sided) disks of the 2.0 device driver development kit single-sided
(very ingenious! -- I don't know how anyone could manage to do that), it
would probably already be available via FTP from somewhere.

--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs at smurf.sub.org -- urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de     /(o\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49+721+621127(0700-2330)   \o)/