I can get news from around the world, but not to the next room

Kurt Baumann kdb at macaw.intercon.com
Tue Dec 4 05:31:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov30.125059.2013 at bwdls61.bnr.ca>, bschmidt at bnr.ca (Ben
Schmidt) writes:
> How about just hanging your wife's mac off the A/UX serial port and
> letting her run any async terminal emulator to login to A/UX as a terminal
> and fire up whatever newsreader you use?  Are both your A/UX Mac's serial
> ports in use now (e.g. for your newsfeed and printer)?  Can you do without one of them (courtesy of an A-B box while she's reading news?). regards,

You could also connect into the A/UX box using SLIP over your serial line.
Course you would have to find a SLIP implementation of NCSA or purchase
TCP/Connect II, which would also give you a niffty UI for reading news, mail,
etc...  Just an idea.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products