Personal System Folders and NFS

Matthias Urlichs urlichs at smurf.sub.org
Mon Dec 3 02:01:42 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.aux, article <HOSKING.90Dec1145333 at ibis.cs.umass.edu>,
  hosking at cs.umass.edu writes:
< I am having trouble with personal system folders (created using the
< systemfolder command) for users whose home directories are on an NFS-mounted
< volume. When the user logs in at the console things go really slowly, with
< some disk activity, then eventually the login just gives up and the Login
< dialogue box comes back. No error messages, nothing, just plain refusal to log
< in.

I saw this too. The System _file_ must not be on an NFS volume.
(I don't remember any more whether the System _Folder_ can be...)

I have no idea why. Can anyone (preferably at Apple...) check?

--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs at smurf.sub.org -- urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de     /(o\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49+721+621127(0700-2330)   \o)/