Commando operations

Bob Lantz lantz at Apple.COM
Mon Jul 9 14:15:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul7.073600.3412 at brutus.cs.uiuc.edu> coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>Well, I've been busily porting and patching things to run under A/UX,
>and thought it might be nice to provide Commando dialogs for them.

Great! I (and the rest of the A/UX Commandos) are glad you like Commando.

>they all bear the inspirational words:
>/* Copyright Apple Computer, Inc.  1990 */

Yes, to prevent them from being copied and used at our expense!

>Can someone from Apple post what they can find out about Apple's
>policy with respect to copying bits of Commando dialogs and/or
>patching existing dialogs to reflect new features for different
>versions of commands?

I don't know what our official "policy" is, but I expect it is no
different than the policy towards other source code we provide with
A/UX.  That is, modifying it for your own use is encouraged, but
you should check with us before distributing it (or derived works)
or including it in a product.  I'll see if I can get more information
on this.  Until then, happy hacking!

Bob Lantz
A/UX Commando Team