AUX on non Apple disk drive? (yes - and AUX2.0 is shipping...)

William Roberts liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 21:57:29 AEST 1990

In <14367 at csli.Stanford.EDU> anderson at csli.Stanford.EDU (Steve Anderson) writes:

>When I built A/UX 2.0 (from the CDROM distribution) there were two
>bizarre features to the installed result that concern fiilesystems:

>(a) like Andrew Schnable above, I found the device /dev/dsk/cnd0s3
>corresponding to the "Unreserved 1" partition I had made was missing.

Note that the CD ROM comes with a partition called "Unreserved 1"
that is 7960 blocks starting at block 156366. These blocks do
not exist on all Apple 80Meg disks - they are part of the extra
space you get on the newer internal 80 Meg disks that you don't
get on the old HD 80SC disks.

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)