AUX on non Apple disk drive? (yes - and AUX2.0 is shipping...)

Vicki Brown vlb at Apple.COM
Tue Jul 10 05:19:44 AEST 1990

In article <14367 at csli.Stanford.EDU> anderson at csli.Stanford.EDU (Steve Anderson) writes:
>(b) Although I put both my root and /usr partitions (in fact, all my
>A/UX partitions) on the disk at SCSI ID 4, for some reason the install
>resulted in an entry in /etc/fstab for the partition with "/" as
>/dev/dsk/c0d0s0, not c4d0s0. On the other hand, it managed to mount
>the right thing.
>
>I've done the install twice now from scratch (trying to fix other
>problems). Both these things happened both times.
>
>Steve Anderson

/etc/fstab, as shipped (be it on CD, Hard disk, or floppies), contains
2 sample lines:
	/dev/dsk/c0d0s0         /               ignore  rw  1 1
	rhost_1:/filesystem     /mnt            ignore  rw  0 0
Note that the filesystem type is "ignore".
These lines are templates for you to use; they do not reflect the SCSI ID of
your root device.

If you do put /usr on a separate filesystem, /etc/fstab will be edited to
include an entry for mounting /usr.

  |  Vicki Brown                    \         Apple Computer, Inc.      |
  |  vlb at apple.com                   \        MS 58A, 10440 Bubb Rd.    |
  |  A/UX Development Engineering     \       Cupertino, CA  95014 USA  |
  |  +1 (408) 974-2120                 \                                |
  |          Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet?  En..., Beviel't?		|
  |       (Did you ever meet a normal person?  Did you enjoy it?)       |