atstatus:No printer selected by Macintosh chooser

Greg Maples maples at ddti.com
Sat Jul 21 02:14:50 AEST 1990

In article <43088 at apple.Apple.COM> lantz at Apple.COM (Bob Lantz) writes:
>In article <7617 at gollum.twg.com> sdh at vax2.twg.com ("Sari Harrison") writes:
>>
>>lpr and suddenly I was getting this constant flow of messages.  They
>>change to "LaserWriter:LaserWriter@* not found" when I go into the chooser
>>and select Laserwriter.  I pretty much understand what this means, but how

Well, I'm glad to know that we're not the only site with this problem.
We have EXACTLY the same problem, and I can tell you all about it.
First, yes we are running ethertalk, with an Apple Internet router over
four zones, one of which is 'printer zone' with four printers.  Selecting
the printer through the chooser works fine, and we can print to any of the
printers in this manner.  A/UX 2.0 cannot handle this.  I can do at_cho_prn,
or watch atstatus all day long, but the zone info just plain makes 2.0
lose it's mind.

Yes, /etc/appletalkrc has ethertalk0 on, yes the kernel has ae6 on, yes
the print daemon is running, YES IT WORKS JUST FINE IF ONLY ONE ZONE
EXISTS!!!!!!!

You tell me....
Greg Maples
Camex Inc., A Du Pont Company