rn on A/UX 2.0

Me at another site jsb at althea.UUCP
Sat Jul 28 05:32:52 AEST 1990

When we updated our system to A/UX 2.0 and changed one of our SYS5
file systems to Berzerkley, a strange thing happened...
It seems that rn will die if run by someone with home directory
having an i-number greater than 2^31 - 1.  The error message I get
is getwd: read error in ..
(I assume the second '.' is a period.)
If I run getwd by itself on these bad directories, it works fine
so I assume it has to do with the buffers rn mallocs for the occasion.
Has anyone else seen anything like this?
--
" I heard 'you are what you eat' so I'm on a diet consisting exclusively of
	sacramental wafers" -- *not* Woody Allen