Help with A/UX 1.1 on 3rd Party drive

Koos Remigius kr at asacsg.mh.nl
Thu Jun 7 01:13:53 AEST 1990

In article <167 at cis9.INGR.COM>, lenoirjw at INGR.COM (Billy Lenoir) writes:
> I am having a little problem with my installation of A/UX.  I have it installed

> DPM Index: 5
> Name: "Swap", Type: "Apple_UNIX_SVR2"
> Physical: 34068 @ 604941, Logical: 34068 @ 0
> 	read	write
> Swap File System (3) (critical)
>
> The only information that I can find on which partition is actually being
> used is from "swap -l":
>
> path            dev  swaplo blocks   free
> /dev/dsk/c4d0s128,1       0  28672  28672

It seems your kernel parameter SWAPCNT is less than your swappartition
on your drive.
To set the parameter do as follows:

Go to Single User.
Enter the following lines:

	kconfig -n /unix
	SWAPCNT=34068
	<Control-D>

	sync
	sync
	sync
	reboot

This will reboot the kernel with the correct SWAPCNT size.

Hope this will solve your problem.

regards,
Koos Remigius

--
Koos Remigius				      kr at mh.nl via internet backbones
Asac Nederland B.V		              uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!kr