Help with A/UX 1.1 on 3rd Party drive

Billy Lenoir lenoirjw at INGR.COM
Tue Jun 5 09:41:46 AEST 1990

I am having a little problem with my installation of A/UX.  I have it installed
on a 3rd party hard drive with the X11R4 installed.  Anytime I run Xwindows
my MacOS partition is wiped out.  I suspect that A/UX is using it for swap
space!?!  The swap partition is set up as:

DPM Index: 5
Name: "Swap", Type: "Apple_UNIX_SVR2"
Physical: 34068 @ 604941, Logical: 34068 @ 0
	read	write
Swap File System (3) (critical)
Cluster:   0	Type: SFS	Inode: 1
Made: [0] Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969
Mount: [0] Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969
Umount: [0] Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969
No AltBlk map

The only information that I can find on which partition is actually being
used is from "swap -l":

path            dev  swaplo blocks   free
/dev/dsk/c4d0s128,1       0  28672  28672

This doesn't appear to be the correct size for the Swap partition or the MacOS
partition, and I don't know what the device name is for.  Is there anything
that I'm missing?  I'm sure I don't need to tell you what a pain it is to
lose the HD every time I run X11R4 (which is never, now)