How to make mail batch uucp requests? (on A/UX 2.0)

John R. Galloway Jr. jrg at Apple.COM
Tue Mar 27 11:49:52 AEST 1990

In article <39749 at apple.Apple.COM>, jrg at Apple.COM (John R. Galloway Jr.) writes:
> much verbage about how to get mail to queue rahter than execute uucp stuff
> right away.

Thanks to all those that responded "stick a  -r in the uux command in
sendmail.cf".  Indeed that's it, here's what to change:

as root chnage the following 2 lines in /usr/lib/sendmail.m4
from:
Muucp,  P=/usr/bin/uux, F=msDFMhuUH, S=13, R=23,
        A=uux - $h!rmail ($u)
into:
Muucp,  P=/usr/bin/uux, F=msDFMhuUH, S=13, R=23,
        A=uux - -r $h!rmail ($u)
then do:
	cd /usr/lib
	m4 sendmail.m4 >sendmail.cf
and restart sendmail or just reboot.  M4 passes the two lines unaltered
into sendmail.cf, but its best to modify the "source" so later chnages won't
undo what you've done.
	-jrg
--
internet   jrg at apple.com      John R. Galloway, Jr.
applelink  d3413              CEO..receptionist         795 Beaver Creek Way

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!