How to make mail batch uucp requests? (on A/UX 2.0)

John R. Galloway Jr. jrg at Apple.COM
Fri Mar 23 10:20:55 AEST 1990

Now that I have uucp and mail working on my A/UX system there remains
(at least) one more problem.  Namely that whenever I finish a mail
(actually mailx) session it immediately sticks in a uucp request and
dials the phone etc.  What I want is to have it just leave the requests
around and have cron fire up uucico every N hours to poll my feed (fernwood).
To allow the cron started uucico to work anytime I need an ANY on the L.sys
line, but that allows mail to execute immediately as well.  There must be
a solution.  (I'll likely have the same problem with postnews etc when I
get news setup).  Whats the answer?  (please e-mail (in addition to or
instead of posting) since I do not read all of these groups)  thanks!
	-jrg
--
internet   jrg at apple.com      John R. Galloway, Jr.
applelink  d3413              CEO..receptionist

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!