AUX and hard drives

Kevin Damour damour at pluto.ral.rpi.edu
Thu Jun 20 05:32:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun18.155914.24331 at athena.mit.edu> sorensen at athena.mit.edu (Alma G. Sorensen) writes:

   March 1991 MacWorld had a nice review of 110-250 MB hard drives.
   On the basis of their comments, I think I can narrow my choice
   for a 210 or so drive to : La Cie, APS, ClubMac, Hard Drives
   International, and Microtech.

   Anyone have experience with these under A/UX? Horror stories?
   And of course, actual benchmarks?

   Sorry to bring this up yet again, but the net is just such a good
   resource...

   Thanks,

I am using two models from LaCie, both are from Quantum.  After a few
revs in the software for formatting (we got this settled over 1 year
ago) and a ROM upgrade on the Quantum drive, I have had NO problems
with the drives running under AUX.  I just sent in my old
driver software to get an updated version for running under Sys 7 -
wonder what new tools they added.
      Kevin Damour
      CIRSSE Robotic Labs
      RPI, Troy NY
      damour at ral.rpi.edu

P.S. I have no connections to LaCie except for their drives running on
my MAC.