A/UX on new 030 notebooks?

James J Dempsey jjd at bbn.com
Thu Jun 13 05:40:51 AEST 1991

I realize it is probably Apple's policy not to comment on unannounced
products, so I'll try to word this question so that someone might be
able to answer it.  It is aimed at people in the A/UX group at Apple.

There are quite a few Intel based portables out there (not to mention
some notebooks) which are powerful enough to run Unix.

If Apple were to introduce a 68030 based portable, assuming one
had a sufficiently large disk (perhaps external), would it be safe for
one to assume that A/UX would most likely run on such a computer?

An answer to a question like the one above could help me make some
purchasing decisions.  I hope someone can comment.

Thanks,

		--Jim Dempsey--
		jjd at bbn.com