Need replacement Commcard installation

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Sun Jun 9 10:44:18 AEST 1991

It's a real shame that Paul can't sell the card any more. However, we're
not totally sunk. Digiboard, which sells lots of comm boards for dos and
'x86 unix machines, has a NuBus serial board for the Mac in 4 and 8 port
versions. I have one an I'm planning to install it very shortly- probably
tomorrow. I'll report on it when I've had it running a while. (If I like
it you can be sure it's good- we _really_ stress serial ports on this box.)

The board supports A/UX with A/UX drivers, MacOS with Comm Toolbax, and I
think it will spoof serial ports A and B under MacOS. Its only failing is
that it doesn't yet support MacOS inside A/UX.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
alexis at panix.com
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis