HELP!! lpc status giving back wrong status

Tony Cooper tony at tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz
Fri Jun 28 10:14:24 AEST 1991

In article <54406 at apple.Apple.COM>, erc at Apple.COM (Ed Carp) writes:
|> OK, gang, here's the scoop:  I try to print on an AppleTalk printer that's
|> not in the Chooser.  atstatus posts a message in the console window that
|> says that the printer's not found, but lpc still reports the printer as
|> "ready and printing".  Any hints or ideas??  Thanks!

lpc reports the status of the printing queue, not the printer.  The actual
printer may be on the moon for all it cares.

As long as the queue is set up and ready to take new entries lpc is happy.
lpc never talks to the printer. So it can't tell that the printer is not
there. What you want to use is some program that actually does talk to the
printer. Atstatus and others do that.