Accessing a LaserWriter from A/UX *and* MacOS

Tony Cooper tony at tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz
Tue Jun 4 16:29:17 AEST 1991

L. Batongbacal) writes:
|> >I have a LaserWriter which needs to be accessible from A/UX, MacOS,
|> >an Amiga running SVR4, and a NeXT machine.  How do I hook things
|> >up?  The Amiga and NeXT machines are both capable of BSD 'lpr' style
|> >printing.  Thanks!

I think there is a product called etherprint which lets you put the printer
on the ethernet. Then the printer is available all the time to all the
machines. I don't want to say any more. I don't know much about this sort
of thing.

(Well half a word more: The Next is the only machine which runs only one
operating system. It should be your printer machine if you attach the
printer to a machine. Then use lpr clients on the other machines. Lpr clients
are available for all the operating systems involved.