Misc A/UX Questions

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU
Wed Jun 19 05:30:00 AEST 1991

Hello,

I am using A/UX 2.0 and am attached to an Ethernet. I cannot
figure out how to configure Sendmail so I can send mail to
other Machines on the net. (I can receive mail ok and I can
telnet to other machines ok, so the basic networking stuff
works fine). I am not running a Name Server, but do use a
host table. Post a message to any of the neighboring machines
and I get a "Host Name Lookup Failure". Another problem that
needs to be overcome is that nonlocal mail needs to be forwarded
to a particular machine on our net (the "mail host").

Can somebody suggest a *.cf file which will solve my problem?

Problem 2.
I have installed the latest Apple X11R4 release. I need the
bsd style "install" program so I can (relatively easily) compile
and install other X stuff. Is there a site that has the X source
tree available for ftp or at least the bsd compatible "install"
program for the Mac.

Problem 3.
Has anybody "compiled" Xview under a/ux 2.0, if so are there
any gotcha's,bewares, or hints to the naive?

(the olwm stuff was relatively straight forward modulo having
to write shell scripts to translate the bsd install command parameters
to the A/UX equivalent install parameters.)

Thanks for the help

Jerry

| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |