Cu problems and lack of response from Apple

Jeff Mann mann at intacc.uucp
Wed Mar 6 14:35:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb26.215213.25604 at ddtisvr@uunet.uu.net> taylor at ddtisvr@uunet.uu.net (Brad Taylor) writes:
>I have been trying to get 'cu' working on my MacIIfx for about two weeks now.
>I am trying to get my TrailBlazer Plus going in any fashion with hope to be
>able to get it to talk fast(i.e. PEP mode). I have been unsuccessful in getting
>it to call a system at all automatically. I am running A/UX 2.0. I've got a
>host setup in /usr/lib/uucp/L.sys that works fine with uucico, but not with cu.

I don't know whether this has anything to do with Brad's problem, but the way
that Apple recommends that you set up your L.sys is compatible with uucp, but
not with cu. In the Network System Administration manual, they give an example:

doosy Any tty0 1200 tty01 "" ATDT5551212^M ogin: (etc)

This makes the dialing part of the expect-send sequence, which only happens
with uucp. cu doosy will simply connect you to the modem, and you must
manually dial with an ATDT command. In order for cu to dial automatically,
you must set up your L.sys to use the ACU function.