A/UX gripe

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Fri Mar 22 08:08:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar17.090227.2482 at panix.uucp> alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>Marc's point is exactly the one I was making. I should have been more explicit.
>So let me put it even another way.

>IF DP CAN DO IT WHY CAN'T HD SC SETUP???

>(I feel much better now... :-)

>Please, you guys, you've done a terrific job on A/UX. As of last week, when I
>got 2.0.1, it got a lot better. Why defend one of the few indefensible points?
>If some marketing geeks are laying down the law here, just say so and forget
>it. But if this decision was made on the technical issues, it badly needs
>rethinking. Today.

Once again, sorry if I caused a lot of confusion with my private philosophical
views about HD Setup and third party vendor firmware sending back SCSI
information that the A/UX dev driver don't understand. I'm not
connected to A/UX engineering, and have not been in touch with the HD Setup
development, so I can't comment on things that may or may not happen.

Anyway, the issue with third party vendor hard disks are important. And
I'm sure people from A/UX engineering are listenining to this debate and taking
notes.

Kent Sandvik (kind of tired of the dangers with posting stuff on Usenet, maybe
time for a 2 month vacation from the Net :-)  )

--
Disclaimer: Private activity on the Net, in no way connected to any company.
Recommended SF books: Cormier FADE, Flynn IN THE COUNTRY OF THE BLIND, Geary