A/UX 2.0.1 Q&A

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at byse.nada.kth.se
Fri Mar 22 22:31:45 AEST 1991

In article <> liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:

   * Don't power-on the system with a CD-ROM inserted into the CD drive.

Why ? I have _a_lot_ of stuff symlinked to the CD. It works in
2.0, ao why and how is it broken in 2.0.1 ?

   * If you change the keyboard layout using the Control Panel, you need
   to log out and log in again to cause CommandShell to use the new keyboard
   layout.

If you start the mac envmt (or boot) with CAPS LOCK, it won't
notice caps lock until you turn it off and on again. You might
also need to type using another modifier while caps lock is off.

Has this been fixed ? I use Caps Lock to switch between Swedish
and American keyboard layout (my own KCHR) and it's _very_
annoying.

Cheers,

						h+ at nada.kth.se
						Jon W{tte
--
"The IM-IV file manager chapter documents zillions of calls, all of which
seem to do almost the same thing and none of which seem to do what I want