A/UX 2.0.1 Q&A

Bruce Barnett barnett at grymoire.crd.ge.com
Sat Mar 23 00:27:26 AEST 1991

In article <3007 at redstar.cs.qmw.ac.uk> liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:

>   * Support for using Imagewriters with troff text processing  is not
>   provided with 2.0.1.

If anyone is lucky (:-) enough to have an ImageWriter or ImageWriter
LQ, I wrote a filter that PROPERLY handles tbl and nroff output.
The boxes and half-line feeds are supported. It also makes nroff
(manual pages, etc) output print 2 times faster. My new version also
"rotates" the ink on the ribbon through all 4 "colors". That is, if
you have a black ribbon, it will  switch "colors" on every page,
making sure you don't use up all of the ink in just one of the four
bands of black.

Note I said nroff. Troff is another beast. But at least I can print
out rough drafts in an efficient manner and have the pages line up.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett at crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett