shutdown from the console emulator

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Sun Mar 24 07:51:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar23.081145.3797 at servalan.uucp> rmtodd at servalan.uucp (Richard Todd) writes:

>  Funny, but I don't have an ethernet interface, and I *did* install the bnet
>code.  (Unless I'm very much mistaken, X11R4 won't run at all unless you have
>the bnet code installed).  I still see the message whenever I shutdown.
>As you say, the message is essentially harmless, but just installing the
>bnet drivers won't cure it...

The bnet module is needed for AppleTalk/Localtalk support (mbuf support
if I don't remember wrong), so it's mandatory to have it in the kernel.
Check if you have /etc/portmap on in the /etc/inittab file, for instance.

Regards,
Kent Sandvik, DTS Skonk

--
Disclaimer: *Private* activity on the Net, in no way connected to any company.
Recommended SF books: Cormier FADE, Flynn IN THE COUNTRY OF THE BLIND, Geary