That NFS bug again

William Roberts; liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 04:19:11 AEST 1991

Just to let you all know that the infamous "blocks of zeros in a.out files
written over NFS" problem is now striking with monotonous regularity on
contemporary systems. Specifically:

Client: A/UX 2.0 running of Mac IIcx with 4 or 8 Meg of memory,
        Apple Ethernet cards

Server: Sun SPARCStation SLC with Wren7 disks, SunOS 4.1

If the person from Athena who said "Yes, we sent Apple our fixes for this ages
ago" would care to send those fixes to me (I have a current NFS source
licence) then I'll try to produce an installable module which patches those
fixes in.