That NFS bug again - give them time

Carl Smith cs at Eng.Sun.COM
Sat Mar 23 13:26:57 AEST 1991

> To the Apple folks on the net, I have just a few simple questions..
> 	1.  Do you admit that a problem exists?
> 		1.1  Do you wanna see it in action?
> 	2.  Do you ever plan to fix it?
> 		2.1  Why not?
> 		2.2  When?
>
> I am sorry to have developed an attitude about this but I just cant understand
> why you (Apple) just seem to be ignoring this.  It makes me even madder to
> read that 2.0.1 has "Mouse control settings now working in Control Panel" and
> "Time and Date settings via Control Panel (as root)".  What kind of priorities
> are being established there??  Stop adding new features and improving the ksh
> and start fixing things that are LONG overdue to be fixed.

	I've personally seen the Apple folks at Connectathon (which is taking
place as I write this) working very hard on fixing this particular problem.
They have a simple test to reproduce it (which, by the way, causes failures
on other NFS ports as well).  This may be a reference port bug and not unique
to A/UX.  Please be patient with them.  They could simply start pointing the
finger at others, but they aren't doing that.  This attitude is worthy of our
respect.

			Carl