C++ on cray UNICOS??

Michael J. Tighe mjt at super.ORG
Tue Aug 1 10:20:08 AEST 1989

In article <241 at uw-apl.UUCP> keith at uw-apl.UUCP (Keith Kerr) writes:

> Is there an implementation of C++ running on cray./UNICOS systems?? If
> not, could anyone venture a guess as to how tough a port would be.
> I've heard that UNICOS was derived from some unix version, but I don't
> know anything more about it.

I do not know of any C++ implementations for UNICOS. I doubt CRI will
be coming out with one anytime soon. The difficulty factor depends on
how you plan to go about it. If you plan to write it from the ground
up, I would say it would be very difficult (unless of course, you have
done this sort of thing before). If you plan to write it as a
preprocessor, that would be somewhat easier.

UNICOS was originally a port of a version of Unix that ran on a Vax.
Michael Tighe
internet: mjt at super.org
   uunet: ...!uunet!super!mjt
--