Making "common file system" more unix-like?

Mark Roschke mar at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 11 02:00:40 AEST 1989

In article <698 at orange19.qtp.ufl.edu> bernhold at qtp.ufl.edu (David E. Bernholdt) writes:

>At the installations I'm familiar with, the "common file system" (CFS,
>MASS, etc.: used for offline mass storage) is typically very
>un-unix-like in its command structure, diagnostic output, etc.
>
>I am wondering if anyone has made any attempt to make it more
>unix-like, either via scripts or even a new interface?

	A project is underway here at Los Alamos to provide two unix-like
	interfaces to the common file system.  The first interface is
	command line oriented, and the second is screen oriented (a browser).

Mark Roschke			        mar at lanl.gov
Computing and Communications Division
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545            (505)667-7073